Gnome-panel problem and Evolution

On one of my systems, I am having an issue with a non-responsive gnome-
panel and Evolution freezing.

I tracked it down to the following chain of events:

1. Start either Mozilla or Firefox

2. Logon to XM radio

3. Start listeneing to music (uses mplayer and java)

4. Watch Evolution freeze and go blank

5. Watch gnome-panel loose icons and become unresponsive

6. In frustration restart X and kill mplayer.

Now I can go to a java site and have no problems. I like listening to XM
radio on-line and had no problems in FC3.

This was an upgrade and not a clean install...

Any suggestions?

Thanks
--
ed <ed gurski com>