CD player problems

Saurabh Siddharth sid at winoble.com
Fri Jun 24 04:26:42 UTC 2005

Nathaniel Alderson wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having multimedia problems. When I fire up gnome-cd and press play I
> get the following error:
>
> (gnome-cd:4067): GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_pad_send_event: assertion
> `GST_STATE (parent) >= GST_STATE_PAUSED' failed
>
> and nothing happens. I really wanted to test out some headphones I was
> borrowing so I thought I would rip the disk and listen to the songs
> using rhythmbox but after ripping the CD and trying to play the ogg file
> I got the following error:
>
> GStreamer-WARNING **: element pipeline claimed state-change success,but
> state didn't change to PLAYING. State is PAUSED (NONE_PENDING pending),
> fix the element
> Got error opening "file:///home/ ...
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Nate

I found this from yum about xmms-cdread.i386. You can install xmms and
xmms-cdread.i386 and then try playing cd with xmms.

xmms-cdread.i386                         0.14-6.a               extras
Matched from:
xmms-cdread
Digital audio CD input plugin for XMMS
XMMS is a multimedia (Ogg Vorbis, CDs) player for the X Window System
with an interface similar to Winamp's. XMMS supports playlists and
streaming content and has a configurable interface.

This is the input plugin needed to play audio CDs digitally, i.e.
without a connecting cable between the CD drive and sound card.
http://www.xmms.org/

Maybe this can help.
Sid