Connecting 2 computers to the internet

Radek Vokál radekvokal at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 11:00:21 UTC 2005

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 13:21 +0300, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> What is preferable: Connecting the FC4 box to the router and serving
> the WinXP box, or vice-versa? I intend for the main work box to be the
> FC4 box, so I don't want to slow it down. Will I slow the machine down
> considerably if I act as a router to the WinXP box? On the other hand,
> will my internet connection be slowed down if I connect the FC4 box to
> the modem via the WinXP box?

I have my FC4 box at home connected to internet, as a firewall I'm using
Firestarter which can by easily configured for sharing internet
connection. And my girlfriend's XP laptop is secured by firewall on FC4
and connected via crossover cable. And I can't say that it slows down my
desktop.

--
Radek Vokál <radekvokal at gmail.com>