yum times out frequently - socket timeout value too low?

Msquared sub1.fedoralist at msquared.id.au
Fri Jun 24 12:45:24 UTC 2005

On Mon, Jun 20, 2005 at 10:03:32AM -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:

> There's an undocumented "timeout" option -- put "timeout=40" in
> /etc/yum.conf. (Or try even higher.)
>
> Please let me know if this helps.

That certainly helps, thanks.  I'll crank it up a little higher, though,
as on our ssslllooowww link it still bails sometimes.

Another problem I have discovered is that hitting ^C doesn't always cancel
the operation.  Sometimes it just drops the connection on that server and
causes it to try the next server.  Then this happens, it appears to be
impossible to actually kill the yum session with anything short of closing
the terminal window that is running the yum instance.

Regards, Msquared...