live update for fedora core 5?

      Has there been any discussion of adding a live upgrade method to the
supported methods of installing the next Fedora Core release? I believe
Fedora would get much wider usage if users could be insured a simple
yum based approach to upgrade from one Fedora Core to the next. Also I'm
not talking about handing them a FAQ entry but rather provide a small set
of packages that they can install on the previous Fedora Core and run to
live update them via yum to the current release. I would like to stay on
Fedora but the iffy upgrade path has me seriously looking at Centos.
                        Jack