Small Vim + X Annoyance

Hello,

When I edit files, I mostly use vim in a gnome-terminal.  When I'm
logged in at the console, vim seems to work just the way I want it to.
In a gnome-terminal, though, ctrl-f (page down) doesn't seem to work.
Hitting the "Page Down" key works, but I prefer to keep my hands on the
home keys.  (Muscle memory and all that...)

Anyone know how to find out what might be eating ctrl-f whenever I try
to use it in vim?  I checked the keyboard shortcuts panel and there's
nothing there about "<control>f".

Thanks,
pete