Re: No account e-mail?

On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 10:34, Ashley M. Kirchner wrote:
>     I have several users who don't need a physical account but would
> still like to be able to send and receive email.  How can that be
> accomplished?

You can use one of the mailer setups with alternate authentication
schemes but for a few users it is probably easier to set up a normal
account but set the shell field in /etc/passwd to /bin/false so
they can't actually log in. If the system mail delivery is to
/var/spool/mail and they only use POP to download (no IMAP with
server-side folders), you can delete their home directory too.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com