Yum update problem

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Fri Jun 24 21:00:22 UTC 2005

Michael Schwendt wrote:

>> (1) I take it that fedora.us is identical (or nearly identical?)
>> to Fedora Extras ?
>
> No. It's just the predecessor. A community project where add-on
> packaging activity started.
>
>> In that case, would it not simplify life
>> if the term fedora.us were dropped?
>
> That's ongoing, step by step. Hence the changed main web page at
> http://fedora.us

This seems (to me) to be saying Goodbye Au Revoir.

>> So one might call Livna "Fedora Extra Extra" ?
>
> It is a 3rd party project and independent from the Fedora Project.
> What you call it is up to you. But it would be too confusing if
> the project renamed itself to something with "Fedora" in the name.

I wasn't suggesting it should be re-named.
I was just trying to work out how I should think of it.

I got into a terrible mess a while ago when I "went rawhide",
so now I'm very careful who I let yum talk to.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366