Support for SATA DVD on FC4 - e.g. Plextor 712SA

I have an Intel D875PBZ motherboard with the ICH5R on board controller. Does FC4 now support the SATA DVD's, such as Plextor? I'm also using the Adaptec 2400A raid controller - Raid 10 across 4 WD drives. I'm running RH Enterprise WS - Taroon, plus a non-functioning Win 2000 Pro NTFS partition. I'm contemplating taking this machine and using it as a single OS boot for FC4. I seem to get myself into problems easily. I'd like to get things squared away and more reliable. Any issues with the little bit I've mentioned? Should FC4 install pretty straight forward? Please advise with any thoughts / comments. Many thanks.