customised kernel

kanhu kanhu at innomedia.soft.net
Sat Jun 25 11:14:59 UTC 2005

Hi all,

I have installed fedora core 3 to my system using installation CD.The
installation process is successfull and the system is running
successfuly.The problem is that I am unable to find the kernel source
tree in /usr/src directory. my aim is to build a customised kernel.
a> uname -r, gives me
2.6.11-1.35_FC3
I have download the kernel [linux-2.6.11.tar.bz2] from Internet and
unpack and place it in /usr/src directory.
When I try to compile the kernel, It asks for config directory.
Where can i get my current kernel configuration or is there any
alternative way to build a customised kernel .

With  Thanks  & Regards
Kanhu.