Re: Why FC4 using the Jpackage 1.4.2 Java?

On Sat, Jun 25, 2005 at 10:35:01AM -0400, Ernest L. Williams Jr. wrote:
> Also, is java completely "open-source"
> What I really mean is the JVM from Sun "open-source"?

Sun's Java isnt even slightly open source, let alone completely.

> If the answer is no then java taints the Fedora OS, right?

Luckily, there's the beginnings of hope. The Java stuff that comes with FC4
*is* entirely open source (and compiled to native code, so it doesn't
require a JVM).

And, for the future, there's the Java Harmony project;
<http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-harmony-dev/200505.mbox/%3C50351021-6408-437D-949A-7AF2AD4DFD0F apache org%3E>