Problem installing FC4

I'm having a problem installing FC4.  When I try to do a grahpical or text
install from the CD (disk 1) I get the following error "error 2 reading
header:  cpio:  Bad magic"  .   The disk passes the media check and this error
message occurs after the media check.  Any ideas?

I never had a problem like this when I installed FC3.

Bob