Re: FC4 tar is out of control

On Sat, 2005-06-25 at 07:19, Mogens Kjaer wrote:
> Gérard Milmeister wrote:
>
> > I don't know a solution for tar, but maybe you should switch to star
> > (also part of FC4), which allows much more control.
>
> I don't think star is present when you boot in rescue mode,
> making it difficult to do a bare metal recovery of the system.

I wouldn't trust star for incrementals unless you have the very latest
version which I doubt is included in any distributions yet.  However,
you can either use a knoppix boot CD or bring up the network with your
rescue mode boot and copy over any additional tools you need for
recovery.

--
  Les Mikesell
   les futuresource com