Re: sound

On 6/25/05, mal <malcolm interele demon co uk> wrote:

> Thanks for that ..but I think I'm being really thick here
>
> what exactly did you do to esd.conf
>
> :-)
>
> thanks
>
> mal

Hi Mal,

There should be a line something like:
spawn_options=-terminate -nobeeps -as 2

The above is from an FC3 machine as I'm not in FC4 right now.  But
just append " -b" to the end like so:
spawn_options=-terminate -nobeeps -as 2 -b

That should do it.  Log out of Gnome and back in for the changes to
take effect.  I would think that you ought to be able to use the
"default_options" line but that didn't seem to work for me when I
tried it.  Using the "spawn_options" does work (at least for me).

Jonathan