Pink console on FC4

Hi,

Just upgraded my FC3 to FC4 and now I suffer from unreadable console.  I
have my box running continuously on runlevel 3 and start X (Gnome)
manually by "startx" when needed.  When exiting X/Gnome back to console
screen it is quite unusable since it now has pink letters (or pixels...)
on Purple background and this all is decorated with green border...

Is there any way to reset to colors on console?

I have Matrox G400 AGP video controller.

TIA,

Jeff