Please add a yum gui to FC5 base

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 13:46:36 UTC 2005

Hans Müller wrote:

>Mike Chambers schrieb:
>

>>On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 14:59 +0200, Michael Schwendt wrote:
>>

>>>"kyum" is in extras already, too.
>>>

>>Is kyum what is being developed by Seth (if he is the one doing it) or
>>just a GUI front end to yum and we are waiting on something else?
>>

>Is there a GUI avalible witch don't need the whole KDE???
>I think i will be better when using only Qt or GTK.

I've tried pup from development on FC4 and also on development itself.
It works on both the ongoing development version and FC4 final. It did
not require additional deps to install on FC4.

yumex-0.40-1.tla.1.FC4 is available ad works in both environments as of
my latest upgrade.
I got this version from the URL below:
http://linux.rasmil.dk/cms/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=1
I succeeded in installing additional programs from extras with this
version. This appears to be what you want.

kyum failed to work for me. I updated to the latest development via
pup,  so it might work fine on FC4, I don't know.

--
All great discoveries are made by mistake.
		-- Young