Permissions question

Neal Wilkinson forums.lists at comcast.net
Sun Jun 26 14:45:46 UTC 2005

I installed UT2004 demo which I had done prior to nuking my box with no
problem. I installed it as root and I'm guessing I should have done it
as user. It didn't create a menu entry and so I'm thinking maybe it did
but just not on my menu. I went to the directory where it installed the
program (last time I put it in my /home)(now it is in /usr/local/games)
and the owner is root.

I'm guessing I should do a chown and change the ownership to me,
however, in the docs it says when you remove it you must do so as the
user you installed as. So, if I do a chown is the remove going to be
flawed? Should I do that or just remove it and reinstall under my
account?

Neal