[FC4]Samba doesn't accessible to Windows

Teo Fonrouge fedora-list at windtelsoft.com
Sun Jun 26 17:22:26 UTC 2005

Marcel Janssen wrote:

>On Sunday 26 June 2005 12:50, Leon Pu wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>my samba share cannot be accessed by Windows computers in my network.
>>It always return "N-3 is not accessible. The network name cannot be
>>found."
>>
>>But I can access these Windows shares in Konqueror by smb://IP_ADDRESS.
>>
>>At the end of the mail is my smb.conf, please have a look.
>>

>Actually I have a simlar problem. When I start samba at boot, it will not
>work.
>When I start samba (sometimes needed multiple time before it really starts)
>using swat it works.
>Beats the hell out of me why it behaves like this but it is repeatable.
>
>Regards,
>Marcel

Hello All,

I had the same samba problem with FC4, along with a problem getting
active my ppp0 internet DSL interface at boot, this two services was
refusing to start at boot. This two services was working OK before my
update from FC3

I think that it was having something to do with SE, because to solution
this I had to turn off SE, reboot, then turn on SE & reboot again, this
(I think) relabeled the entire file system & after this; no more
problems with the smb & ppp0 services getting working ok.

best regards

Teo Fonrouge