Pink console on FC4

Jim Cornette fc-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Jun 26 23:12:36 UTC 2005

Jouni Viikari wrote:

>Thanks for the replies.  I can confirm that replacing the libvgahw.a
>with the old one from mharris solved the problem also with Matrox G400.
>(Had to reboot the box though).

I had to reboot one installation. (Intel 815) to get the colors normal
again. On a computer with an Intel 865G, ctl-alt-backspacing was enough
to restore the missing consoles without rebooting.

>All starts to look good now.  Had a long fight before.  Selinux did not
>upgrade too well from FC3...  touch /.autorelabel did the most part
>though.

I guess enough has changed in programs and utilities to need a complete
relabeling. I am getting ready to do a relabel myself, but via the
s-c-securitylevel option. I know touch /.autorelabel is much easier in a
root terminal. I just figured I'd test this feature when searching the
tools available for Samba settings. I noticed there was a setting for
Samba browsing also. I set this to allow browsing also. I wonder if this
replaces the need for adding
135:tcp, 145:tcp, 138:udp, 139:udp to IP table rules?

Jim

--

There can be no daily democracy without daily citizenship.
		-- Ralph Nader