Re: 1280x800 on VAIO VGN-T2XP/S?

Charles E. "Rick" Taylor, IV wrote:
On Sun, 2005-06-26 at 22:52 +0200, Markus Huber wrote:

Has anyone tried the non-standard 1280x800 resolution on a Sony VAIO VGN-T2XP/S?

The card is an Intel 82852/855GM Integrated Graphics Card.

Ahh, another Intel 855 owner with a widescreen laptop. I have a similar
video chipset in my JVC MiniNote, and FC3 was no fun to get set up right
on the chip.  I've only got a 1024x600 screen, so I at least didn't have
to resort to strange tricks to get the laptop's screen to work at full
resolution, save for adding a custom modeline.

This is very bad news, so it seems, I cannot get the full widescreen resolution with FC4 either.

However, power management has been a bear - specifically, suspend and
resume and 3D acceleration.  On FC3 (updated or stock), any GL
application will crash if started after suspend (sometimes taking the X
server with it and leaving the machine in a state that requires a
reboot, sometimes not).  I fixed this under FC3, but I haven't put FC4
on my machine yet.  Since you have it on there, does 3D acceleration
work after an ACPI suspend/resume cycle on your laptop under Fedora Core
4?

I did not even try to get 3D acceleration, because I wanted a distribution which can handle the screen - and I am actually not using apps which need 3D acceleration badly.

So it seems I have to play around with Ubuntu a bit or give Suse 9.3 a try (should be on their servers for free download this week).

--
Thx
Markus Huber