Re: audio mixer suddenly disappeared

On Sun, Jun 26, 2005 at 08:53:41PM -0400, Katherine wrote:
> * If I try to open the volume control, I get the error "Sorry, no mixer
> elements and/or devices found."

I had the same issue - messed around for a while and then out of desperation
ran gst-register under my normal login-id, and everything worked again.  I
have no idea why.

YMMV.

--
Cheers! (Relax...have a homebrew)

Neil

THEOREM: VI is perfect.
PROOF: VI in roman numerals is 6.  The natural numbers < 6 which divide 6 are
1, 2, and 3. 1+2+3 = 6.  So 6 is a perfect number.  Therefore, VI is perfect.
QED
                                                    -- Arthur Tateishi