Re: 2.6.11-1.35_FC3 Kernel upgrade leads to panic

neidorff wrote:

Hi All,

Yum automatically upgraded my kernel to the 2.6.11-1.35_FC3 version
(obviously using FC3).  My computer has a kernel panic when booting
this kernel.  Is there a known problem with this new kernel?

I have seen kernel panics like this with previous automatic updates of the kernel. In my situation, I needed to preload some modules (using mkinitrd), and those modules were not added into the new kernel's initrd image. What I do is manual updates about once a week, unless I see a security advisory that directly impacts me, and regenerate the initrd by hand when a new kernel appears. Perhaps you have a situation like this?