Whine - I want my console back

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 27 12:03:38 UTC 2005

Just installed FC4 after Mandrake seemed to fall apart with rampant
ineptitude. I tested on my Sony VIAO laptop. It worked a dream. So I
upgraded the candidate machine to replace the basic system server here
to FC4. I can boot. I can even take the dreaded "rhgb quiet" out of the
grub configuration boot command. I get to see the login prompt. Then
the login screens all go away as soon as X starts.

Whine, I want my consoles back! Who was the nasty that took them away?

{O.O}    Joanne