Re: Yum repros wanted

Paul Howarth wrote:
On Fri, 2005-06-24 at 18:03 -0400, Adam Gibson wrote:

Paul Howarth wrote:

Many of the packages in Extras started life as SRPMs from other repos such as Dag's and Axel's. It would be great if Dag & Axel would submit their own packages for inclusion in Extras too.

I hope dag does not push his stuff into Extras. According to what I have read on the Fedora Legacy list, Extras will not be updated by fedora-legacy when Fedora EOL's it so once that happens Extras will become stagnant and not even get security fixes.

There's nothing stopping any package maintainer supporting EOLed
distributions in Extras; however, it's anticipated that not all
maintainers will be sufficiently motivated to do so, and it's not
*required* that they do.

I know this has gone off topic a bit but thanks for the clarification. I didn't realize that Extras would still accept updates to packages after Fedora EOLs a distribution.