Re: [FC3] kernel panic after selinux-policy-targeted update

Paul F. Johnson wrote:

Any suggestions on what to do?

I know I can boot with selinux=0. After that, what? Attempt to reinstall selinux?

Yep.

Have a look in /var/cache/yum/base/packages for the versions of selinux. Find
the one before the one you installed

sudo yum --oldpackage -Uhv selinux-policy-targeted<version>

Thanks, Paul. I assume you meant "rpm" there, not "yum".

But won't I have a problem if I re-install selinux with selinux switched off? I mean, won't the files get created without the selinux extra attributes on them? How do I get selinux to reset the permissions when I reboot with selinux back on?

Plus, was I the only one who had this problem? No one else seems to have had a problem so I assume the updated package wasn't simply borked.

Best, Darren