Re: Dialup

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
Hi,

I am asking if any one has successfully configured a dialup using a
hardware modem that needs to be configured to ttyS4

Which software are you trying to get to recognise the modem on? The last time
I used dialup (which was in RH7/8 era), kppp did the job quite nicely, though
I cannot remember if it allowed me to change the port the modem was on.

Suggestion : symlink /dev/ttyS4 to /dev/ttyS0 (possibly not the best idea in
the world though...)

TTFN

Paul