Re: CD won't read contents -- Follow-up -- Solved!

Markku Kolkka wrote:
Benjamin Sher kirjoitti viestissään (lähetysaika maanantai, 27.
kesäkuuta 2005 23:54):

My question: why can't I get a music CD to display its
contents in the File Manager?

A music CD doesn't have a file system on it, so it has no
"contents" that could be displayed. A music CD contains just a
continuous stream of audio samples.

You are right. I tested it by putting in my music CD in my second drive, which is a DVD/CD drive. I got the same results: "No such file or directory".
So my only question is: why does the DVD player drive show the contents of  a DVD movie in File Manager but not the contents of a CD? Is there a major difference between the file system of a CD and a DVD?

Thanks so much.

Benjamin