Browsers for those IE-only sites

David Cary Hart Fedora at TQMcube.com
Mon Jun 27 22:10:15 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 22:14 +0200, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> On 6/27/05, Robin Laing <Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca> wrote:
> > This still does not justify not using the "Standards.'  Oh, yea, I
> > have to remember that Microsoft is the expert at not using "standards"
> > in both IE and their Java.  Of course sites depending on MS java are
> > having problems with those that don't have the MS version of Java anymore.
>
> In my opinion there are two sets of 'standards': The W3C/Sun/anything
> and Microsoft. The new MSN Search give me an unformated page and tells
> me that their stylesheet is not compatable with my browser. At least
> they don't dare say that my browser is not compatable with their
> stylesheet!

Make that three (Opera). I have been rewriting our site; Getting rid of
FP (FINALLY ending the embarrassment) as well as tables. While I have
tweaked cascading menus to work on all three, Opera and IE seem to have
very different interpretations of <DIV> - particularly if there is
nesting -  in contrast to Moz/Firefox/Konqueror. The issue is
exacerbated with relative values.
--
      * Eliminate Spam:         http://www.TQMcube.com/spam_trap.htm
      * RBLDNSD HowTo:          http://www.TQMcube.com/rbldnsd.htm