Re: Why FC4 using the Jpackage 1.4.2 Java?

On Mon, 2005-06-27 at 16:57, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Mon, Jun 27, 2005 at 04:36:30PM -0500, Les Mikesell wrote:
> > The GPL removes your freedom to not care about what other libraries
> > might be linked to the code, or the freedom to let other people make
> > their own decision about whether they want to obtain those libraries
> > or not.  I can't see any moral difference in this removal of freedom.
>
> Are you talking in the abstact, or comparing to Sun's Java license -- which
> certainly doens't allow this freedom of choosing.

In the abstract about this point, but I'm not aware of any restrictions
by Sun that would keep me from giving away code I've written that
linked to both their code and someone else's, leaving it up to the
recipient to legally obtain any other needed components.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell gmail com