Re: Has anyone successfully updated FC3 with FC4?

Bruce -

Thank you for the response.  I guess this is to be expected since Fedora is a test environment, but after getting a box all set up and purring, it is not my idea of a fun activity to have to reconfigure a box from scratch again.

Todd

BRUCE STANLEY wrote:
--- Todd Cary <todd aristesoftware com> wrote:

I am getting an error when it gets to anaconda: "No
module named
constants_text".

Todd

Yes it tried it on one of my test drives.
I did not have this problem but I did have all
kinds of problems with KDE hanging when logged
in as a normal user ID. When using KDE as root,
it was ok.

I then did a complete replacement (not upgrade)
of Fedora 3 with Fedora 4 and I have not had any
problems with KDE since (except for sound quality).

Thus,  if you are going to use KDE, I would suggest
that you not do an 'UPGRADE' install.