Re: Music CD -- Win vs. Linux -- Rev

Jason L Tibbitts III wrote:
"BS" == Benjamin Sher <delphi123 zebra net> writes:

BS> I appreciate it. Is there a way to enable
BS> it or do we have to download some extra software?

Under KDE, press Alt-F2 and enter "audiocd:/" or open the file
manager, click the devices tab and click on the CD.  You'll see the
raw .cda files, folders "By Name", "By Track", and "Ogg Vorbis".  (The
latter will encode the tracks into ogg on the fly.)  CD-database
lookup is automatic if configured correctly.

 - J<

Dear Jason:

I clicked Alt-F2 and saw a dialogue box. I was still unable to see the names of the files. But that's OK.

My question is: Should I check under CD Device: "Determine CD device automatically"? What would I gain by doing this?

Thank you.

Benjamin