send out 'ctrl-alt-del' from minicom to kickstart

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jun 27 23:59:21 UTC 2005

ha haha wrote:

> It is in the middle of kickstart, not at the end
> waiting to click "reboot" button. For this situation I
> can send "ctrl-alt-del" easily from local-attached
> keyboard, but I don't know how to send it out from
> remotely through minicom.
>
> So in general, any way to send out "ctrl-alt-del" key
> combination from minicom?

I don't think so.  The best I can turn up on Google is this:
http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-January/005815.html

Apparently hardware that implements IPMI will take the
<ESC>R<ESC>r<ESC>R sequence as the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del, but that
may not work when control has been given to the host OS.