Re: send out 'ctrl-alt-del' from minicom to kickstart

ha haha wrote:

It is in the middle of kickstart, not at the end waiting to click "reboot" button. For this situation I can send "ctrl-alt-del" easily from local-attached keyboard, but I don't know how to send it out from remotely through minicom.

So in general, any way to send out "ctrl-alt-del" key
combination from minicom?

I don't think so. The best I can turn up on Google is this: http://lists.us.dell.com/pipermail/linux-poweredge/2003-January/005815.html

Apparently hardware that implements IPMI will take the <ESC>R<ESC>r<ESC>R sequence as the equivalent of Ctrl-Alt-Del, but that may not work when control has been given to the host OS.