1280x800 on VAIO VGN-T2XP/S?

Markus Huber humarfedoralists at yahoo.de
Tue Jun 28 01:15:44 UTC 2005

B.J. McClure wrote:

> Have not followed all this thread but have FC4 on VIAO VGN-T150
> successfully using 1280x800 res.  855resolution patch works for me on
> 855 chip.  Put following in /etc/rclocal.d for automagic mode setting at
> boot.
> 	#set vbios to 1280x768 mode
> 	855resolution 5c 1280 768
>
> One oddity....had to go to Desktop > Preferences > Screen Resolution and
> choose 1280x768 the first time.  Now boots to that mode every time.

Oh! I have not tried that, after Ubuntu did the trick without setting
the screen resolution after the patch was applied.

That might be the clue.

I might try it, although Ubuntu is running now without any problems, and
I'll set the samba-client to use it at work. If that works, I might not
do another new installation with FC4.

But I keep your post filed.

Thanks,
Markus