Re: java

Hi Peter,

i didnĀ“t had a problem building the rpm but installing it. I had to change the spec file.

Search for the line

Requires:       %{_libdir}/libodbc.so, %{_libdir}/libodbcinst.so

and change to

Requires:       %{_libdir}/libodbc.so, %{_libdir}/libodbcinst.so.1

Seems that the file has been renamed in FC4. After taking that action i was able to install ALL generated packages.

Regards.
Christian

Peter Lesterhuis wrote:

Hi,
I don't manage to build a java rpm for fc4 from the rpm-skeleton of Jpackage.org and source from Sun (http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/download.jsp).
I can't figure out how to adjust the spec-file. Has somebody on this list built this rpm succesfully? If so, how? What changes have to be made in the specfile to make it work?
I wonder why the rpm isn't simply being created when I carry out the instructions on jpackage.org (http://www.jpackage.org/rebuilding.php), since the only reason the nosrc-rpm has been built is to make an rpm out of it together with the source from Sun. Perhaps I am doing something wrong here.
I know I can install the bin.file without creating an rpm, but for obvious reasons I prefer the rpm.
Thanks in advance,
Peter.

--
http://ninan82.blogspot.com