Re: yum - lack of features

Sean O Sullivan wrote:

>> 1) Can't force a reinstall of package
>
> yum remove package
> yum install package

My impression is that this is - or was? - rather dangerous.
Doesn't "yum remove <pkg>" also remove any packages which require <pkg>,
which may be rather a lot?

I tried the above once, and got in a mess;
"yum install" was not a straightforward inverse of "yum remove".

Hopefully I'm wrong?

Personally, I would use rpm if I wanted to remove and re-install a package.

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366