Setting my soundcard with chipset CMI8738

Hello,

I am using Fedora Core 4 and I have a soundcard with a CMI8738 chipset (C-Media). It was detected correctly by the system and I can hear sounds :-). However, the problem is that I can only hear 4 of the 6 speakers that I have. I can hear the front and the rear speakers, but not the center and the subwoofer (I actually suspect that the driver "thinks" the center speaker is the subwoofer, as I can "hear" something also in the center speaker).

So any idea what can I do in order to make it work correctly? I have a plain vanilla FC4 install with the default kernel and alsa.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,
Nick