CD drive fails to show contents -- How to solve it? -- Clarification

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Tue Jun 28 17:23:24 UTC 2005

Benjamin Sher wrote:
> Dear friends:
>
> I did install my Scientific Linux system from data CD's, using my
> CD/CDWriter drive (hdc). But now it turns out that I cannot transfer any
> of my data files from a data CD to my computer using my CD/CDWriter
> drive. I can only do it using my DVD drive, whose contents show up
> correctly in File Manager.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Benjamin

What make and models of drives, please?  This could help resolve the
issue quicker.

I can only agree that the drive cannot support the media.  Note, there
is an issue with CD-RW's that I only learned about a few weeks ago and
being able to be written/read in certain drives and this has to do
with the speed of the drive.

For the cost of CD's, it isn't work the cost of CD-RW's anymore,
except for test burns.

--
Robin Laing