Re: Best way to clear/clean a HD

Todd Cary wrote:

I have Fedora 3 on my box, but Fedora 4 cannot get to the choice of Updating or Replacing. I need to remove the current FC3. What is the best way to do that?

Well, you could use mke2fs (or whichever other flavour you prefer) to wipe the partitions out). If that fails, fdisk the drive and delete the partitions.

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/hda bs=1k count=200

should also do a good job of wiping out the partition table. (assuming your drive is hda).

Steve