Kernel Panic after FC4 upgrade

Michael DeCleene decleene at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 29 00:32:45 UTC 2005

Sorry--thought the following might also be of interest.

/etc/modules.conf

alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid
alias eth0 3c59x
alias usb-controller usb-ohci
alias sound-slot-0 cmpci
<skipping 2 lines related to audio>
#Note: for use under 2.6, changes must also be made to modprobe.conf!

and in /etc/modprobe.conf

# Note: for use under 2.4, changes must also be made to modules.conf!
alias scsi_hostadapter megaraid_mbox
alias eth0 3c59x
alias usb-controller ohci-hcd
alias sound-slot-0 snd-cmpci
<again skipping 2 lines related to audio>

So, in both files reference is made to using megaraid as the scsi adapter,
which is good.  That's the correct driver for my scsi raid card.  I'm a
little confused in the terminology difference between modules.conf and
modprobe.conf--they use similar but different names for several of these
aliases.  Should this worry me?  Anything else I should be looking for here?

Mike