'Nuther one

jdow jdow at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 29 02:48:57 UTC 2005

From: "jdow" <jdow at earthlink.net>
> (Can you tell I am feeling cranky today?
> Working through a migraine is difficult. {^_-}) Anyway - what does this
do?
> (remembering I am in /usr/src/redhat/SPECS at the time.)
>
> cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-<version> /usr/src/
>
> I presume "mv" was meant instead of "cd".
>
> That is followed by "mv linux-<version> /usr/src/" Um, there is no
> "linux*" file in SPECS, guys. I presume something like this is meant:
>
> ln -s kernel-<version> linux-<version>
>
> or this:
>
> mv kernel-<version> linux-<version>
>
> Then the rest of the lines are more or less back to making sense.)

Oops - missed the linux-2.6.11 in the kernel-2.6.11 directory. That means
the hashed up instructions are 6dB less hashed up.

"cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-<version> /usr/src/" should be
"cd /usr/src/redhat/BUILD/kernel-<version>". A glitch in the file
led to screwups on presentation, apparently.

{o.o}