Re: Info: if your yum fails ... server maintenance

Alexander Dalloz wrote:

FYI

If you see "yum update" failing with a message

Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo: updates-released

this is because of a server maintenance on Red Hat's side. The mirror
selection page is actually affected and out of order.

http://fedora.redhat.com/download/mirrors/updates-released-fc4
( same for FC3)

The page now shows:

Site Maintenance
In order to provide you with a better experience on redhat.com we are
currently doing site maintenance and upgrading our systems. We apologize
for any inconvenience this may cause. Please come back in a few hours
for full access to our improved site.

To contact Red Hat Support please call 1-888-RedHat1.

So don't be alarmed and think your yum is broken by doing nothing ;)

Alexander

Thanks Alexander,

I fiddled around with the repo lists for quite some time before reading your message. I evenually went to a direct URL instead of the mirror approach.

Jim

--
QOTD:
	Money isn't everything, but at least it keeps the kids in touch.