FC3->FC4 Required Reinstall

Serge serge.de.souza at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 10:48:54 UTC 2005

Gordon Keehn wrote:
>    While on the subject, can anyone point me to the preferred apt
> repositories for FC4?  I installed apt from the Extras, but the sources
> and vendors files in /etc/apt were dummies.  The prototypes from
> apt.freshrpms.net hadn't been upgraded for FC4, and manually editing (3
> to 4 where appropriate) didn't work, either.

Yeh Freshrpms do not provide rpms if they are already provided by Fedora
(and Extras is a part of this), the one from Extras sucks as it does not
work out of the box (which is what I am used to). I just grabbed the apt
package from Dag Wieers
(http://dag.wieers.com/packages/apt/apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.2.fc4.rf.i386.rpm
assuming i386) and edited the sources pointing it to Freshrpms. I know
we should move to yum....

Serge