Re: FC3->FC4 Required Reinstall

Gordon Keehn wrote:
While on the subject, can anyone point me to the preferred apt repositories for FC4? I installed apt from the Extras, but the sources and vendors files in /etc/apt were dummies. The prototypes from apt.freshrpms.net hadn't been upgraded for FC4, and manually editing (3 to 4 where appropriate) didn't work, either.

Yeh Freshrpms do not provide rpms if they are already provided by Fedora (and Extras is a part of this), the one from Extras sucks as it does not work out of the box (which is what I am used to). I just grabbed the apt package from Dag Wieers (http://dag.wieers.com/packages/apt/apt-0.5.15cnc6-4.2.fc4.rf.i386.rpm assuming i386) and edited the sources pointing it to Freshrpms. I know we should move to yum....

Serge