Re: yum - lack of features

John Summerfied wrote:
I've been through downloading this from here, that from there and generally it leads to pain. At one point I had a working but borked (as in essentially unmaintainable) Debian system through adding complementary repositories any of which could provide updates for any package on my system.

I wish yum supported excludes per repository for that reason. I sometimes want to use a repository but dont want that 3rd party repo to ever update some core packages. Placing an excludes in a section for a specific repo doesn't seem to work. It would be nice to have the opposite of that too so that you could state that only the packages I list here should be updated from this specific repository(sometimes you just want a few packages from a certian repo.