Adding SATA driver to kernel during OS installation

Hi there --

I need to add a SATA controller driver to the kernel of Fedora Core 3 during the
installation of the OS onto a hard drive. I have the driver compiled on a floppy
disk via the rawritewin utility. How would I go about including the driver into
the kernel during the initial installation? Thanks.