What thunderbird [1.0.2] files to save ?

Anand Buddhdev arb at anand.org
Wed Jun 29 15:19:12 UTC 2005

Bob Goodwin wrote:

> I'm about to remove and replace FC-3 with FC-4 and am in the process of
> saving configuration information.  E-mail configuration files have
> always been a problem when changing to a new version.  I would like to
> know what files or directories to save to keep existing messages and
> mail filters.

Just make sure you save $HOME/.thunderbird. It contains all your local
mail and settings.

And for the future, you may want to consider having /home on a separate
parition on the disk, so install a new OS on / without touching /home.
That way, all your favourite settings and data are simple preserved.