OK, I'm being cranky again....

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Wed Jun 29 17:44:32 UTC 2005

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, jdow wrote:

> From: "David Cary Hart" <Fedora at TQMcube.com>
>
> > On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 18:03 -0700, jdow wrote:
> > > But I happen to fall into the group that fervently believes God
> > > intended the Backspace key to send an ASCII backspace, ^H, and the
> > > delete key to send an ASCII delete, 0x7f.

+200

Why some windoze weenie was allowed to change it in the first place is
beyond me. I really fail to see why a key called backspace should be expected
to do anything other than, well backspace. Just like it did on a real
typewriter. DUH!!

> > Yes. Those were my intentions. There's a work-around if you search
> > bugzilla.
>
> And pray tell what might I search on? (Bugzilla and I do not see eye
> to eye when searching for bugs and solutions. It's pretty dreadful and
> very Microsoftish - 100% correct and 100% useless.)

I have to second this request. I just searched bugzilla for backspace and
delete and all I got was 4 bugs that have nothing to do with the backspace
key and the US english language.

Regards,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com