Set DISPLAY to network useable setting

I never understood since X10 days why the DISPLAY variable by default is
set to a useless :0.0 setting when you login on a console device. The
whole purpose of X is to function in a network environment.

Until Fedora core 3 I was able to redifine DISPLAY in the
/etc/X11/xdm/Xsessions file. This no longer seems to work. It does no
good to set it in a login profile as that is too late for using
distributed functions added to the Gnome session panel.

I'm now using Fedora core 4 and have not been able to determine how
change the DISPLAY setting by modifying a script in the /etc/X11 area.

David Highley