FC4 and vmware workstation 5

Has anyone worked with FC4 and sucessfully installed vmware workstation 5??

I did, but with bad results, it made my network card unusable. could not ifup or ifdown, or /etc/init.d/network restart. I had to re-install FC4
I tried it again and the same thing

anyone with any ideas where to look?? I tried version 4.5.2 of vmware workstation and it will not compile to the new kernel.

--
Don Dupy

FC1 - Kernel 2.4.22 - Dell Poweredge 600SC
http://www.maxxrad.net
email: fedora maxxrad net