ANNOUNCE: Fedora Core and Bluetooth Dialup Networking HOWTO

Dax Kelson dax at gurulabs.com
Wed Jun 29 20:42:39 UTC 2005

After looking all over the Internet I discovered that there wasn't any
guides that explained, in whole and in detail, how to get Internet
access via a Bluetooth capable cell phone.

If you would like to accomplish the following:

Laptop/PC ===(Bluetooth DUN)==> Cell phone ==(Cell network)==> Internet

You may be interested in a new Guru Labs Guide I just published.

I used a Fedora Core v4 laptop and a PalmOne Treo 650 smartphone with
Sprint service to write the guide.

The guide has three parts: Introduction, Treo 650 config, Linux config

http://www.gurulabs.com/goodies/Using_Linux_and_Bluetooth_DUN_with_the_Treo650.php

Any feedback or comments are very welcome.

Dax Kelson
Guru Labs