Re: booting

david smethurst wrote:

thanks fredric for answering
windows version is xp home on the 80gb sata drive
fc4 is in volume with a boot and / on the 40gb
if you require other info please explain how to achieve it
thanks, fairly new to linux
david

I'm not sure exactly what your situation is, but I have a multi-boot
system I just set up recently which boots Windows XP Home or
Linux Fedora Core 2. I use a Compaq Presario with only one hard disc
in it.

I was unable to get GRUB to work installed in the MBR. It could load
Linux, but not Windows XP. I found that Windows XP has a nice
boot loader itself, and was able to get it to chain load GRUB, which
loads Linux.

Perhaps I can help you. I just joined this mail echo, so I missed
your earlier message.

Mike